Safety protection product eyewash
I don’t know eyewash. As the name suggests, I thought it was an eyewash machine, but after reading the following article, it doesn’t seem to be the case. I only know how to open a dry cleaner. I know how to use the equipment and how to use the washing equipment. I know dry cleaners and dry cleaning equipment well, but I don’t know how to use the eyewash.
Eyewash was widely used in most factories, laboratories and hospitals in developed industrial countries abroad (the United States, the United Kingdom, etc.) as early as the 1980s. Its purpose is to reduce the damage to the body caused by toxic and harmful substances at work, and it is widely used in petroleum, chemical, semiconductor industry, pharmaceutical manufacturing and places where hazardous materials are exposed.
Then how to choose the correct eyewash product?
First: Decide based on the toxic and hazardous chemicals at the work site
When there is chloride, fluoride, sulfuric acid or oxalic acid with a concentration of more than 50% at the use site, you can only choose stainless steel eyewashers made of ABS or specially treated high-performance stainless steel eyewashers. Because the eyewash made of stainless steel 304 material can resist the corrosion of acids, alkalis, salts and oils in general, but it cannot resist the corrosion of chloride, fluoride, sulfuric acid or oxalic acid with a concentration of more than 50%. In the working environment where the above substances exist, the eyewash device made of stainless steel 304 material will be destroyed to a large extent in less than six months.
At present, only foreign advanced eyewash manufacturers have solved this technical problem with the use of plastic-dipped ABS eyewash; only Szhuangge has this technology for special treatment of stainless steel 304 material. However, the method of using stainless steel 304 material for ABS spraying or spraying paint on stainless steel 304 material and then baking paint is not anti-corrosive.
The concept of ABS dipping and ABS spraying is different. ABS dipping uses ABS powder instead of ABS liquid dipping.
1. The characteristics of ABS powder dipping: ABS powder has strong adhesion strength, with a thickness of 250-300 microns, and strong corrosion resistance.
2. The characteristics of using ABS liquid dipping: ABS powder has poor adhesion, with a thickness of 250-300 microns, and strong corrosion resistance.
Second: Determined according to the local winter temperature
At present, except in South China, other regions will have weather below 0°C in winter, so there will be water in the eyewash, which will affect the normal use of the eyewash.
To solve the problem of water accumulation in the eyewash, it is necessary to use an antifreeze eyewash, an electric heat tracing eyewash, or an electric heating eyewash.
1. The antifreeze type eyewash is used to drain the water in the entire eyewash after the use of the eyewash is finished or when the eyewash is in standby state. The antifreeze eyewash has an automatic emptying type and a manual emptying type. In general, the automatic emptying type is adopted.
For East China, Central China, and Southwest China, the frozen soil layer in the winter is generally 20-30 cm. The water inlet pipe can be made of insulation materials to prevent water from freezing in the water inlet pipe. You can use an above-ground automatic emptying antifreeze eyewash. The eyewash device can automatically drain the accumulated water in the entire eyewash device to prevent freezing.
For Northeast, North China and Northwest China, the frozen soil layer in the winter is generally 50-190 cm. The above ground type antifreeze eyewash obviously cannot solve the problem of water ingress and antifreeze, and the buried automatic drain antifreeze eyewash must be used.
The eyewash device has the antifreeze valve placed below the frozen soil layer, and uses the switch on the ground to control the water intake and drainage of the eyewash device. The eyewash device can automatically empty the entire eyewash device and the water in the water inlet pipe below the ground to prevent freeze.
2. In areas that can prevent freezing and increase the water temperature, you should use an electric heating eyewash or an electric heating eyewash
The electric heat tracing eyewash is heated by the electric heating tape, so that the water in the eyewash will not freeze, which can increase the temperature of the eyewash to a limited extent, but it cannot increase the temperature of the spray water at all. (Remarks: The flow of eyewash water is 12-18 liters/minute; the spray is 120-180 liters/minute)
The electric heating eyewash is heated by an electric heating system, so that the water in the eyewash will not freeze, and the water temperature of the eyewash and spray can be increased.
third. Decide based on whether there is water in the workplace
For those who do not have a fixed water source in the workplace, or need to change the work place frequently, you can use a portable eyewash. This type of eyewash can be moved to the required position on the job site, but this type of small portable eyewash only has the function of washing the eyes, but not the spray function, and the water flow for washing the eyes is much smaller than that of the fixed eyewash. Only the large portable eyewash has the function of spray and eyewash.
For work sites with fixed water sources, fixed eye washes are used, which can be directly connected to the tap water at the site, and the water flow is large.
There are many types of fixed eyewash, which can be selected according to the needs of the factory.
1. Compound eyewash: with sprinkler system and eyewash system directly installed on the ground
2. Vertical eyewash: there is no sprinkler system, there is an eyewash system directly installed on the ground
3. Wall-mounted eyewash: there is no sprinkler system and an eyewash system is installed directly on the wall
4. Desktop eyewash: there is no spray system and an eyewash system is installed directly on the work surface
5. Sprinkler: There is a sprinkler system without an eyewash system and is directly installed on the ground
6. Sprinkler head: with sprinkler system without eyewash system, directly installed on the wall and ceiling