CHOOSING AN EYEWASH STATION
To determine whether a worksite requires emergency eyewash, assess the tasks performed and the hazards they may present. Flying objects, chemicals, harmful vapors and dust can enter the eye through activities such as chipping, grinding or sanding; degreasing, plating and working with blood; and woodworking and buffing.
Weigh your alternatives
For the purpose of this review, we will categorize the elements to consider into five groups, assuming that you’ve already made your choice between eyewash and eye/face wash:
1 Flow characteristics and pressure
2 Stream direction
3 Consider “high coverage” products
4 Construction and materials
5 Tepid water and engineered solutions
Thinking About a Portable Unit?
Portable Equipment Offer Various Choices to Fit Your Facilities Needs
Mounting Considerations for Portable Units
Choose a Plumbed Unit?
Plumbed Units Become a Permanent Fixture in Your Facility
Stay Open Valves
Eye/Facewash (Plumbed and Portable)
ADA Compliant Eyewash Stations (Plumbed or Portable)
Tank Style Units (Portable)
Units for Cold Weather (Plumbed or Portable)
Eye Washer:Performance parameters
Nominal pressure—-sealing pressure—-working pressure—-spraying flow l/min—-eye wash flow l/min applicable conditions
0.4MPA—–0.45MPA—-0.20~0.40MPA—-120-180 litres/min—-≥12 room temperature pure water or meet sanitary standards
Structural features 1. Adopt ball valve to control spray and wash eye respectively.
Convenient operation, fast opening and closing, reliable sealing.
1. This product is used in environments above 0°C. If it is used below 0°C, antifreeze maintenance of pipelines is required;
2. Before installation, please flush the inlet pipe in advance;
3. It is recommended to install the water inlet control valve in the inlet pipe. After use, close the inlet control valve first, and then close the eyewash valve after the water in the main body is exhausted.
Before use, open inlet control valve
1. When you need to shower, please pull down the shower switch handle, flush the valve open (opening angle 90 °), push up the shower switch handle, flush the valve closed. (The ball valve connecting rod is closed at 45° above the ball valve and 45° below is open)
2. If you need to wash your eyes, please push the clockwise direction to push the switch. Push the valve to open, pull the push plate counterclockwise, and close the valve.