In the personal protection emergency system of petrochemical plants, there is a relatively common facility to protect life safety – safety spray and eye wash. Safety spray and eye wash can exist alone or as a whole. The arrangement of the device is described in different specifications.
HG/T 20570.14-95 “Personal Protection Emergency System Settings”
HG 20571-2014 “Code for Safety and Hygiene Design of Chemical Enterprises”
GB/T 38144.1-2019 Eye and face protection Emergency shower and eyewash equipment Part 1: Technical requirements
GB/T 38144.2-2019 Eye and face protection Emergency shower and eyewash equipment Part 2: Instructions for use
SH/T 3047-1993 Design code for occupational safety and hygiene of petrochemical enterprises
SH/T 3205-2019 Design specification for petrochemical emergency shower system
HG 20532-1993 Safety and hygiene regulations for chemical powder engineering design
1. HG T20570.14-95
1. In the production and use areas of generally toxic and corrosive chemicals, including loading, unloading, storage and distribution
Set up a station at a distance of 20-30m for the safety spray eyewash near the analysis sampling point.
2. In the production and use of highly toxic, strong corrosive and temperature higher than 70 ℃ chemicals and acidic and alkaline materials
In the area of use, including near the loading and unloading, storage, and analysis sampling points, it is necessary to set up a safety spray eyewash, which is located at
3m-6m away from the accident place (dangerous place), but not less than 3m, and should be arranged to avoid the direction of chemical spray to avoid
Avoid affecting its use in the event of an accident.
3. In the chemical analysis laboratory, there are frequently used toxic and corrosive reagents, which may cause harm to human beings.
For positions with physical injury, a safety shower eyewash should be installed.
4. A safety shower eyewash should be installed near the battery charging room.
2. HG 20571-2014
In workplaces with serious liquid toxicity hazards, safety protection measures such as eyewashes and showers should be designed, and the service radius of eyewashes and showers should not exceed 15m.
3. GB/T 38144.2-2019
Emergency sprinkler and smoking equipment should be installed in an area within reach of the operator and on the same plane as the area where danger may occur, and consideration should be given to avoiding obstacles in the route to the equipment. Under normal circumstances, when a person walks at a normal pace, an average of 15m can be walked in 10s.
4. SH/T 3047-1993
Places that come into contact with strong acids, strong alkalis or poisons that are easily absorbed through the skin (such as tetraethyl lead, acrylonitrile, hydrocyanic acid, acetonitrile, dimethylformamide, phenol, etc.) during the production process should be equipped with on-site personal washing facilities and eye washer.
5. SH/T 3205-2019 This is a new specification published in 2019, which is more comprehensive
1. This specification lists the hazardous substances and typical places that need to set up emergency shower systems. See specification for details.
2. The location of the emergency shower and eyewash should be such that the user can arrive within 10s, and the distance from the relevant equipment should not exceed 15m. There should be no obstacles on the passage between the source of danger and the emergency shower and eyewash. When there are obstacles such as cofferdams, the height should not be 0.5m.
3. Emergency showers and eyewashes should be set up in analytical and laboratory sites that use harmful substances
4. When storing hazardous substances in the warehouse of hazardous chemicals, emergency showers and eyewashes should be set up at the entrances and exits of the warehouse and main passages.
1. Article 18.104.22.168 stipulates that emergency facilities such as water shower facilities and eye washes should be set up in the workplace of highly toxic materials.
2. Article 7.2.4, in the engineering design of chemical burn powder, where the human body must be in contact with the chemical burn medium (indirectly) and where accidents such as burns are likely to occur, first aid water showers and foot-operated automatic eye washers should be set up. and other facilities.
From the above clause, we can get:
Safety showers and eyewashes should be installed at locations involving corrosive and toxic media;
The location of the accident and the location of the eyewash should not exceed 15m, and the radiation radius of the eyewash should be 15m. For highly toxic or strong corrosive media, we design as close as possible, within the range of 3-6m.
The eye washer in the tank area should be installed in the inner fire dike or in the partition. It was previously designed by others to be placed on the stairs outside the fire dike, which is unreasonable. If there are tanks of different nature in the tank area separated by fire dams, make sure that there are in each dam. At present, according to the interpretation of the State Administration of Work Safety (Safety Supervision Administration No. 3  No. 76), which requires a single tank of flammable liquids and a single embankment, the requirements of each local government are different. Before designing, you can consult the government department whether you need a single tank list.
Analytical testing sites using hazardous substances should be set up.
For warehouses, emergency showers and eyewashes should be installed at the entrances and exits of the warehouse and main passages. Sometimes it is placed at the evacuation door, with the eyewash as the center, and the radius of 15m may not cover the entire warehouse. When designing, you can consult the local government agency and only set it at the door of the warehouse. (with design case).
A safety shower eyewash should be installed near the battery charging room.